- Decolonial Citizenship: Black Women’s Resistance in the Francophone World (under contract, University of Illinois Press)
- “Mobility and the Enunciation of Freedom in Urban Saint-Domingue.” Eighteenth Century Studies 50.2 (2017): 213-229.
- “Beyond the Great Camouflage: Haiti in Suzanne Césaire’s Politics and Poetics of Liberation.” Small Axe: A Caribbean Journal of Criticism 20.2 (2016): 1-13.
- “Creolizing Freedom: French-Creole Translations of Liberty and Equality in the Haitian Revolution.” Slavery & Abolition: A Journal of Slave and Post-Slave Studies 36.1 (2015): 111-123.
- Scott, V.M, E Dessein, J Ledford, and A Joseph-Gabriel. “Language Awareness in the French Classroom.” French Review. 86.6 (2013): 1160-1172. Print.
- Rev. of Slavery by Another Name, dir. Douglas Blackmon and PBS. Palimpsest: A Journal on Women, Gender, and the Black International 3.1 (2014): 86-88.
- Rev. of Blacks and Blackness in Central America: Between Race and Place. Ed. Lowell Gudmundson & Justin Wolfe. Durham: Duke Univ. Press, 2010. Ameriquests 8.1 (2011).